Not enough pitch going to the septic tank, can I use a sewage pump system?

Old 05-06-19, 06:01 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Not enough pitch going to the septic tank, can I use a sewage pump system?

My main house runs into a septic tank about 20' behind the house. I built an in-law apartment and need to run the sewage line to my septic, I can't get enough pitch coming out of the apartment to the septic tank. I've been looking at these sewage pump systems which would pump it out of a transfer tank to my septic with a 2" line. This system is all new to me and I'm not sure what I really need or what pump to use, a grinder pump or a sewage pump. Below is a picture of one that I found, I figured I could come out of the apartment wall with 4" PVC and connect it to this tank, then it would pump it slightly uphill so I can tie it into my main home septic line going to my septic tank, am I'm correct thinking this way?

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-19, 06:27 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,108 Votes on 1,028 Posts
I'm not the pro here but just making an observation. If you did go with some type of ejection system..... it would need to be in the apartment's floor where it didn't freeze. What you have illustrated will freeze outside.

Old 05-07-19, 04:41 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 620 Votes on 573 Posts
It's also a good idea to install a totally independent alarm system. The alarm should be on a different circuit than the pump and have it's own float to trigger an alarm (usually a flashing light and beeper) when the level in the tank gets too high.