Rubber filler (works same as wood filler for wood)

Old 05-15-23, 01:10 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 1,013
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Rubber filler (works same as wood filler for wood)

I am making a pair of shoes but I don't like the "SneakerKIt" impression in the back of the sole.
It's a little deep to sand down. Is there a rubber filler that can be used to make the area smooth?

Old 05-15-23, 02:12 PM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 26,826
Received 1,954 Upvotes on 1,750 Posts
You can try filling the logo in but I think that would just draw more attention to the area. You could try casting silicone or urethane. Those materials would allow you to get a hardness similar to the sole. Innersoles are often around Shore A 0 (zero) while the heals of many shoes are around Shore A 80 and the soles of sneakers around 70 so I'd start testing materials around 50-60 to see if that matches the sole.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: