You might have leaking shower faucet because they are used so much. Leaks are a sign that a part is worn and needs to be replaced. There are many reasons a shower faucet could begin leaking.
- Loose nuts. If the leak is around the packing nut area, or at the base of the handle, the nuts might be loose.
- Worn out washers.
- Poor quality washers.
- Improperly installed washers.
- Wrong size of the washers.
- Disc, cartridge and ball faucets have O-rings that wear out.
- Disc faucets leak when the inlet and outlet seals wear.
- Disc faucets leak when sediment builds up in the faucet inlet.
- Cartridge faucet leak when the O-ring cushioning the cartridge stem wears or breaks.
- Inlet seals wear and leak in ball faucet when the O-rings wear out or break.
These causes of a leaking shower faucet are manageable and can be repaired.