There are many greenhouse kits you can buy at your local garden supply store; one of which consists of an aluminum greenhouse frame. But what are the pros and the cons of purchasing an aluminum greenhouse frame?
The Pros of Buying an Aluminum Greenhouse Frame
- The aluminum kits you buy at the garden center are all-inclusive. What this means for you is that they are ready right out of the box. You do not have to purchase any more parts to build the, The box includes everything minus the base of the greenhouse. Extra hardware is included in the kit. This means that if you ever want to add on to the greenhouse, the adapters and connectors are already in the box. This takes the guess work out of what to buy to put on additions.
- Style and design of aluminum greenhouse frame kits is more varied than any other kits on the market. Aluminum can be molded and easily painted to certain styles and colors easily. So if you have a color scheme you wish to adhere to you will not have a problem doing so.
- Due to the aluminum material the greenhouse can easily "hide" in your backyard. Since greenhouses are clear and aluminum is so sturdy you need very little of it the greenhouse appears to blend in to the background and doesn't look like an eyesore.
- The sizes available for aluminum greenhouse kits are varied. You can have a very large greenhouse that could take up the entire backyard or one that fits in the corner of the property discreetly.
The Cons of Buying an Aluminum Greenhouse Frame
- The cost of the greenhouse frame kits made out of aluminum is considerably higher than other frame kits. Aluminum is a composite material that currently is made out of mostly recycled material. This means the cost to produce it is more than other metals or kits on the market. The cost is also a hindrance to garden centers which don't always carry it because of how expensive it can be.
- Even though there are adapters and connectors included in the kits actually adding on to the greenhouse can be expensive and difficult.
- The kit may include everything that you need to build the greenhouse but is missing one important thing: the base. In order to properly assemble a greenhouse you need a good base as the aluminum, being as light as it is, can buckle and sway with the wind. the base has to be extensively planned out prior to putting together the aluminum greenhouse frame kit.
Purchasing a greenhouse is an exciting step in your gardening efforts. Being able to afford and assemble a greenhouse yourself that uses an aluminum frame will go a very long way to making your garden even that more beautiful. You will have to weigh the pros and the cons when you purchase an aluminum framed greenhouse kit as your budget may prevent you from purchasing the correct size that you need.