Changing Air Vent Filters
Changing your air vent filter is a great way to keep adequate heat or air flowing freely through your vents. Aside from keeping air flowing properly, it can also save you money on your gas and cooling bills. Air filters should be changed every few months depending on the type of filter. They can be found at your local home improvement store for a relatively cheap price.
How to Change Your Air Vent Filter
- Turn the power off to HVAC system (Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioner).
- Locate the blower department and remove the door. The blower department is usually located at the bottom/side of the HVAC system
- Remove and discard the old filter.
- Insert the new filter with the arrows pointing toward the blower.
- Turn the power on to the HVAC system.
- Turn the power off to the HVAC system.
- Locate the front of the housing unit.
- Remove the door and slide the HEPA filter out.
- Discard of the old filter and slide the new filter in.
- Attach the door back to the housing unit.
- Turn the power back on.