Over time, stainless steel door knobs can develop corrosion if they are not cleaned properly. Dirt and residue can wear on the protective layer of chromium oxide on the knobs.
It is important to clean your stainless steel door knobs regularly and frequently, not only to protect them but also to maintain their appearance.
- Fill a bucket with warm water.
- Add about three squirts of liquid detergent to the warm water.
- Combine the contents in the bucket until the water becomes soapy.
- Immerse a soft, clean cloth into the water. Squeeze out any excess liquid from your cloth.
- Use the cloth to carefully clean all parts of the stainless steel knobs. Use a dry, soft cloth to wipe off any excess moisture.
- Buff the knobs until they shine.
Use a mild abrasive cleanser to gently rub any stains off the knobs. Be sure the cleanser is a non-scratching product.
- Put some of the cleanser into a bowl.
- Add a small amount of water to the powder.
- Dip a clean cloth into the paste and use it to scrub off the stains.
If necessary, add a teaspoon of white vinegar to the cleanser to remove any difficult stains. Never use steel wool or brushes on your stainless steel door knobs. These items can cause the steel to corrode.