Different Types Of Planter Boxes
There are two kinds of home planter boxes: the movable type and the permanent planter box.
The permanent planter box is joined to the house, placed at the front or entrance of the home. You should not build it on a ledge or anywhere that drainage is impeded. The most important feature is drainage, as inadequate drainage causes root rot.
The movable planter can be placed anywhere in the yard. This is made of wood or synthetic material. The material you choose should be durable in your local weather conditions, such as extreme temperatures or frequent rainstorms.
Planter Box Options
Planter boxes come in various styles and shapes. The flow-through and infiltration planters are used by municipalities.
- Deck rail planter boxes are used to plant flowers and herbs.
- Window boxes are used to plant flowers and herbs.
- Contained planter boxes are used to plant trees, ground cover and shrubs.
- Flow-through planters are used for drainage of storm water.
- Infiltration planters are used for drainage of storm water.
- Raised-bed planters are ideal for use in small spaces.
Stylish Planter Boxes
Many popular decorative planter boxes are made of different woods like teak and cedar. The styles range from the New England pattern to the cottage planter.