Maintaining a Yucca Plant Over Winter
Yucca plants are very hardy and are easy to take care of. There are nearly thirty different kinds of yucca plants for you to choose from. Most of them prefer to be in dry areas and require quite a bit of sun.
Most yucca plants do well with indoor temperatures. As long as they are given the maximum amount of sun they will thrive in most environments. Watering is not something that you should overdo with your yucca. While they do require water they do not require much.
Yucca Winter Care
- Yucca plants should be brought indoors if your climate produces severe winters.
- The only way a yucca plant can survive a winter is if it is a mild one.
- Make sure that you are still providing your plant with cooler temperatures, just not freezing.
- During the winter, cut back on the moisture for your yucca soil in between each watering.
- Allowing it to dry out in between watering is okay in the wintertime.
- Any other time of the year you should keep the soil moist, but not wet.
- Soil insulation is very important with your yucca during the winter time.